Thursday, January 3, 2008

Am i ready to face college?

It's absolutely mortifying to think that exactly three months from now, my school life will be officially over. True, I spent most of my final year of school buried under my books with an almost non-existent social-life, and I clearly wasn't the most idolized person among all my classmates, but the whole thought of entering a completely different place with not a single familiar or friendly face to look at is truly scary.
Even though I've been through a very rough patch this year, there are a few wonderful and memorable moments of my school life i won't ever forget. Especially all the classes we bunked in XI grade, all the food we guzzled down during exceptionally boring English classes, all the accounts sums we broke our heads over, hurling curses at the cruel Accounts pioneers of our class for their IQ of 500, not attending a single fashion studies class and then abusing the sewing machine and literally ripping it apart, late night conference calls, getting picked on by the teachers and then hating them for it, flunking in all the class tests and not feeling the least bit ashamed of it, misusing the school prefectorial position and bunking assembly, not coming to school in proper uniform and then being pulled up for it, the surprise cell-phone raids that threw us into utter panic and confusion as we tried to hastily stuff our cell-phones someplace where the CBI detectives dont unearth them.
You see, these are all the wonderful moments of school that I doubt I'll ever find in college. True, I am looking forward to a good change of ambience at the moment, but I just hope that I hang in there. It's going to be me, and me alone.
I'll have to learn to harden myself, stand up for myself and for what I believe in. I can't afford to bury myself in a stack of books and blend with the crowd, the way I've just managed to do this year.
Well, I definitely know that I'll live through college. That's all matters, I suppose.