Wednesday, May 18, 2011

things that haven't changed:
1. blogging during internship
2. facebooking during internship.
3. "dentist appointments" during internship.
4. spending 135 freakin bucks on ONE scoop of swiss-chocolate ice-cream at Movenpick. During internship, of course.
5. chocolate cravings. they just dont go!
6. Addiction to sitcoms and soppy stuff.
7. Dancing
8. Taste in music
9. Taste in books


Things that have changed:
Everything else

Things that are about to change:
Career decisions.
And the question I ask myself. WHY did I take law?
Let me rewind 3 years, go back to class XII, and apply to those colleges that offer fancy Journalism courses. Those colleges that I wrote off with much smugness and snootiness.
Let me be an author, a newsreader. Let me devour literature without dissecting it. Let me dance, sing. Let me LIVE.
why law school?
and WHY is every law firm not like Crane, Poole and Schmidt? Why is there no Alan Shore, or Denny Crane? Why is there no scotch-on-balcony conversations? Why are there mechanical associates-on-wheels robots, and on helluva task-master lawyer who tests his poor frisky interns, who haven't been TAUGHT at law school. Why does the fat judge sleep in Court? Why can't the fat-judge with the beer belly SPEAK ENGLISH? WHY are courtrooms over-crowded? WHy are interns not paid? Why are law-firms overstaffed and competitive?
Career decision needs to be rethought. And revamped.